Tiffany Zee, PhD
What I Do
I obtained my Ph.D. from Columbia University in the laboratory of Dr. Gerard Karsenty studying osteoblast differentiation and the signaling mechanisms that link the skeleton to insulin sensitivity. My current research interests include inherited kidney stone disease, and the matrix-promoting factors that contribute to urinary stone mineralization and growth.
- Zee T, Bose N, Zee J, Beck JN, Yang S, Parihar J, Yang M, Damodar S, Hall D, O'Leary MN, Ramanathan A, Gerona RR, Killilea DW, Chi T, Tischfield J, Sahota A, Kahn A, Stoller ML, Kapahi P. Î±-Lipoic acid treatment prevents cystine urolithiasis in a mouse model of cystinuria. Nat Med. 2017 Feb 06.
- Chi T, Kim MS, Lang S, Bose N, Kahn A, Flechner L, Blaschko SD, Zee T, Muteliefu G, Bond N, Kolipinski M, Fakra SC, Mandel N, Miller J, Ramanathan A, Killilea DW, Brückner K, Kapahi P, Stoller ML. A Drosophila model identifies a critical role for zinc in mineralization for kidney stone disease. PLoS One. 2015; 10(5):e0124150.
- Zee T, Boller S, Györy I, Makinistoglu MP, Tuckermann JP, Grosschedl R, Karsenty G. The transcription factor early B-cell factor 1 regulates bone formation in an osteoblast-nonautonomous manner. FEBS Lett. 2013 Mar 18; 587(6):711-6.
- Arteaga-Solis E, Zee T, Emala CW, Vinson C, Wess J, Karsenty G. Inhibition of leptin regulation of parasympathetic signaling as a cause of extreme body weight-associated asthma. Cell Metab. 2013 Jan 8; 17(1):35-48.
- Zee T, Settembre C, Levine RL, Karsenty G. T-cell protein tyrosine phosphatase regulates bone resorption and whole-body insulin sensitivity through its expression in osteoblasts. Mol Cell Biol. 2012 Mar; 32(6):1080-8.
- Coffee EM, Yerkes L, Ewen EP, Zee T, Tolan DR. Increased prevalence of mutant null alleles that cause hereditary fructose intolerance in the American population. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2010 Feb; 33(1):33-42.